2022 Nominations and Election
The Nomination Period Has Closed
The nomination window is now open for the CASC Board of Directors. There are five (5) seats on the Board to be filled in 2022 that will serve a four-year term. CASC needs dedicated school counselor-advocates to become members of the CASC Board of Directors. The CASC Board is focused on creating conditions so California School Counselors can practice with the highest level of effectiveness using an equity lens. CASC plays a vital role in promoting the profession of school counseling to all our stakeholders on a state, regional and national level. It is through the dedication of the members of the CASC Board that we ensure school counselors remain leaders in the field of education.
View the video below learn about the application process and the benefits of being on the CASC Board.
We strongly encourage CASC members interested in having a significant impact on our profession to apply to serve on the CASC Board of Directors. We are currently seeking Board of Director candidates to represent the diverse needs and perspectives of all California school counselors. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m PST, March 15, 2022, at which point the Nominations and Elections Committee will review the candidates to be voted upon by the CASC membership for election. The five candidates that receive the most votes will be elected to the Board and begin serving their term on July 1, 2022.
In order to be nominated for one of the positions, individuals must be elegible for office as defined in the CASC Nominations and Elections Policies which include:
- You must be a regular or retired member of CASC;
- You must have been a CASC member for three (3) consecutive years prior applying;
- You must not have had any ethics violations for the past five (5) consecutive years;
- You must provide a resume or vitae, photograph of yourself, 50 word bio, 400 word candidate statement, and 2-3 minute video with the application;
- You must submit this application no later than end-of-day on March 15, 2022;
- You are available to attend our Leadership Development Institute (LDI) on June 4 & 5 (virtual or in La Verne).
The nomination period for these seats ends March 15, 2022. Electronic ballots for the 2022 election will be sent to members in good standing in accordance with Section 4.10 of the CASC bylaws. Ballots must be submitted by April 15 in order to be counted. Results will be available no later than May 1.
If you have questions, please contact Nominations and Elections Committee Chairperson Dr. Rebecca Pianta at
Rebecca.Pianta@schoolcounselor-ca.org or Linda Hudson, Business Manager, at 909-815-5222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.