2020 Solution Focused School Conference
The 2020 Solution Focused School Conference is a safe and virtual conference hosted by Linda Metcalf, M.Ed., Ph.D, author of Counseling Toward Solutions, on October 2-4, 2020.The conference brings together 18 speakers from five countries, who are all experts in using the solution focused approach in schools. Each presenter will share how to implement their specific topics, using the solution focused approach, virtually or face to face. Attendees will earn 15 CEU's. Here are just a few of the ideas that attendees will learn:
- Empower students with confidence by guiding them to build their own solutions, academically, socially or emotionally.
- Reduce discipline referrals and school refusal by showing teachers how to have solution focused conversations with students
- Add solution focused ideas to your current school structure and allow you to use it everywhere: individual students, groups, team meetings, and parent conferences
- Help teachers learn how to see the good in a student and find exceptions that can lead to motivated students and a better classroom climate
- Hear from a school district director who is implementing the solution focused approach district wide, successfully!
- Help parents to discover their own skills so the current challenge works for everyone.
- ...and many more!