CASC School Counselor of the Year Award: Call for Nominations
It is time to submit your nominations for the annual CASC DONALD G. HAYS SCHOOL COUNSELOR OF THE YEAR AWARD. Winners will be recognized at the annual CASC Conference Awards Luncheon, which will be held this year at the Riverside Convention Center on October 3-4, 2019.It is time to submit your nominations for the annual CASC DONALD G. HAYS SCHOOL COUNSELOR OF THE YEAR AWARD. Winners will be recognized at the annual CASC Conference Awards Luncheon, which will be held this year at the Riverside Convention Center on October 3-4, 2019.
The CASC School Counselor of the Year (SCOY) will be put forth as the ASCA SCOY nominee and must be willing to submit the national application for the ASCA SCOY. A requirement for ASCA SCOY is recognition at the state level. Additionally, the CASC SCOY will be ex officio board member of CASC from October 2019 through December 31, 2020. Nominations must be received by March 15th, 2019.
Nominees must complete application (excluding the video) by April 15, 2019
HOW TO NOMINATE
- Please begin by reviewing the qualifications and criteria that a nominee must meet in order to be nominated. This information can be found here. Note: Any nominee that does not meet all qualifications/criteria will not be considered.
- If your nominee qualifies for CASC's School Counselor of the Year (SCOY) award, please submit a recommendation letter to the Awards Chair indicating the name of your nominee, the school and district in which they work, your name, contact information (phone and email) for you and your nominee, and how your nominee has shown exemplary service to children, teachers, administrators, parents, the community, and the profession of school counseling.
- If your nominee qualifies for this award you will be contacted with further instructions for completing your nomination. If your nominee does not qualify, you will be contacted as well with this information.
- Qualified nominees will be given instructions to complete their application by April 15th.
- Up to three finalists will be chosen and notified by April 30th.
- Finalists must have their video (part of the application) submitted by May 31st.
- The School Counselor of the Year award winner will be selected and notified by July 31st.
Questions should be directed to the Awards Committee Chair, Joanna Aragon:email@example.com.