Emerging Leaders Program
The application period is now closed. Applicants will be directly notified of their status upon completion of the review process.
The School Counselor Emerging Leaders (SCEL) Program application is ready! Are you?
The CASC Board of Directors approved policy to continue the SCEL program and we are looking for qualified applicants. Are you the person that others look to when making decisions? Are you the person with the awesome ideas? Do you promote the school counseling profession? Are you the person who people gravitate to? Are you a leader of your peers or a potential leader of your peers? Do you advocate for school counselors? Are you a school counselor? Are you a graduate student in a PPS School Counseling program? If you said yes to any of these questions, CASC is looking for you!
Applications are now being accepted. Please download the application packet for details and further instructions. You may also download a Region map to help discern which region of CA you fall under in CASC. The application, statement, resume, and letter of recommendation from his/her administrator/professor are due by May 15 for the 2020-21 program. Please scan all four documents and email together in one document.
- Maintain an active CASC membership for a minimum of three months prior to submission of application.
- Has not currently or previously held an elected or appointed position in CASC.
- Have an interest in developing leadership skills, knowledge, and attitudes.
- Have a desire to give to the profession.
- Join and participate in CASC committee/task force.
- Present/co-present at a CASC conference.
- Assist with or facilitate an Area/Level CASC workshop/training/social.
- Facilitate a presentation to a school counseling graduate school or district level meeting.
- Contribute articles to the CASC Counselor Connection.
- Attend School Counseling Emerging Leader trainings/phone conferences.
- Attend the 2020 CASC Leadership Development Institute (LDI) on June 13-14 (may be virtual).
CASC Responsibilities to SCEL
- Provide one-year renewal of CASC membership for free. Free membership will be provided beginning when SCEL renewal comes due during time of term.
- Provide free and reduced-price training opportunities.
- Provide small group leadership training and mentoring opportunities.
- Provide fiscal support for program participation as outlined above.
- Provide Emeriti Committee mentor/ship.