Start Date: 4/18/2023 4:00 PM PDT
End Date: 4/18/2023 5:00 PM PDT
California Association of School Counselors
Register for this free webinar to learn all about the new California Kids Investment and Development Savings Program from the State of California. The following information will be provided with an opportunity for questions at the end.
• CalKIDS Overview
• Determine eligibility
• Financial awards available
• Registering your CalKIDS account
• Opening a ScholarShare529 account for expanded savings
• Benefits of linking a ScholarShare529 account
• Steps to request a distribution of funds
• Q&A We hope members will leave the presentation with the desire and tools to share information on CalKIDS to their campus community.
There is no cost to attend this webinar but space is limited. Click on "Public Registration" at right, fill out the form, and your confirmation email will contain a link to the webinar. This webinar will NOT be recorded.
CalKIDS is a new program from the State of California that provides eligible families with free money for college. California newborns can receive up to $100 and eligible California public school students can receive up to $1,500.* CalKIDS was created to help families kickstart their college savings plan and increase access to higher education.