CASC Emeriti Foundation Scholarship Program
The California Association of School Counselors (CASC) Emeriti Foundation was founded in 2016 to encourage talented and innovative students to pursue leadership roles in the field of School Counseling. The CASC Emeriti Foundation is looking to award students who show a propensity toward leadership in the School Counseling field. This scholarship is available through the generosity of the CASC Board of Directors. In order to be considered for this scholarship the award applicants must:
- be a member of CASC
- be currently enrolled in a California Graduate School Counseling program
- have completed a minimum of 12 units (or currently enrolled)
- attach a copy of current transcripts (informal transcripts maybe submitted, the name of the Graduate School must be on the document)
- attach three letters of reference; two from graduate school faculty members and one from a work or volunteer supervisor or an additional graduate school faculty member
- complete an essay
- addressing your personal experiences that led you to the field of School Counseling
- describing your leadership experience in the field of School Counseling, and
- listing any extracurricular activities or community volunteering experience(s) that pertain to the field of School Counseling.
Applications are judged based on the completed application, the quality of the essay, the submission of transcripts and three letters of recommendation. All documents must be submitted together in one file.
The CASC Emeriti Foundation Scholarship winner will be awarded $2,000.00 at the CASC annual conference in October 2019.
Please download an application
for the scholarship and submit any questions to Rosemary Rubin at email@example.com. The deadline to submit applications is March 29, 2019 at midnight.