CASC Emeriti Foundation Scholarship ProgramThe California Association of School Counselors (CASC) Emeriti Scholarship was founded in 2016 to encourage talented and innovative students to pursue leadership roles in the field of School Counseling. The CASC Emeriti is looking to award students who show a propensity toward leadership in the School Counseling field. This scholarship is available through the generosity of the CASC Board of Directors.
In order to be considered for this scholarship the award applicants must:
- be a member of CASC
- be currently enrolled in a California Graduate School Counseling program
- have completed a minimum of 12 units (or currently enrolled)
- attach a copy of current transcripts (informal transcripts maybe submitted, the name of the Graduate School must be on the document)
- attach three letters of reference; two from graduate school faculty members and one from a work or volunteer supervisor or an additional graduate school faculty member
- complete an essay:
- addressing your personal experiences that led you to the field of School Counseling;
- describing your leadership experience in the field of School Counseling and your aspirations for future contributions to the field, and
- list any extracurricular activities or community volunteering experience(s) that pertain to the field of School Counseling.
This scholarship opportunity is open to all qualifying graduate students regardless of their immigration status. Applicants are encouraged to join a CASC committee and/or apply for the School Counselor Emerging Leaders Program.
The CASC Emeriti Scholarship winner will be awarded up to $2,000.00. The award will be presented at the annual CASC Conference in October 2023. The application period will open March 1, 2023. The deadline to submit is April 14, 2023 at 11:59 pm PST.
Please complete an application for the scholarship and submit any questions to Rosemary Rubin at firstname.lastname@example.org.