Youth Mental Health First Aid - March 2019
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid is initial help given to a person showing symptoms of mental illness or in a mental health crisis (e.g. severe depression, psychosis, panic attack, suicidal thoughts and behaviors) until appropriate professional or other help, including peer and family support, can be engaged. This 8-hour course prepares members of the public to provide Mental Health First Aid to those in need. The course is delivered by certified Mental Health First Aid USA instructors who have completed a 5-day-training and who meet other certification requirements.
Upon completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
Who is this Training For?
- Select and implement appropriate interventions
- Understand mental health issues and treatments
- Secure appropriate care for an individual experiencing a mental heath problem
- Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness and available mental health treatments
- Have a better understanding of the impact mental illnesses have on a person, their family and communities.
School Counselors, Teachers, Administrators, Teacher Aids - Consider bringing a team of people from your school! 5+ registrants from a school or district receive 10% off registration costs!
To register online, please click here
or download a registration form
Breakfast refreshments, lunch and materials provided. Certification will be emailed by the day's trainers.
When: March 22, 2019 Time: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Where: Universal Technical Institute, 4100 Duckhorn Drive, Sacramento, CA 95834